Amarillo, Texas Climate & Temperature
- Amarillo, Texas, Usa is at 35°13'N, 101°42'W, 1095 m (3593 ft). See map.
- Amarillo, Texas has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Amarillo, Texas is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 13.9 degrees Celsius (57 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 24.2 °C (43.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 496.7 mm (19.6 inches) which is equivalent to 496.7 Litres/m² (12.18 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3376 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Amarillo, Texas you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Amarillo, Texas Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Amarillo, Texas Climate Graph in Metric Units
Amarillo, Texas Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Amarillo, Texas, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Las Animas, Co, Usa - 328.5 kms (204.1 miles) NNW
- Holly, Co, Usa - 308.8 kms (191.9 miles) N
- Trinidad, Co, Usa - 284.5 kms (176.8 miles) NW
- Kenton, Ok, Usa - 228.1 kms (141.8 miles) NNW
- Clayton, Nm, Usa - 187.6 kms (116.5 miles) NW
- Lubbock, Texas, Usa - 176.3 kms (109.6 miles) S
- Roswell, Nm, Usa - 337 kms (209.4 miles) SW
- Scott City, Ks, Usa - 314.1 kms (195.2 miles) NNE
- Dodge City, Ks, Usa - 321.3 kms (199.7 miles) NNE
- Kingfisher, Ok, Usa - 345.9 kms (215 miles) ENE
- Quanah, Tx, Usa - 207.7 kms (129.1 miles) ESE
- Wichita Falls, Tx, Usa - 327.1 kms (203.3 miles) ESE